I hope 2013 brings great things your way. Last year I had a pretty good mental list of all the projects that I wanted to accomplish, and I did a pretty good job of checking off a number of them. For 2013 I thought I’d put my list of goals in a post… just put it out there and see what happens - and so I can look back next year and see how much I was able to accomplish! I look forward to tackling these and more this year with inspiration from the rest of you great DIYers out there!
These are in no particular order:
1. Paint kitchen and add shelving. Find hardware for cupboards. Look into painting linoleum countertops (I know Rustoleum has a kit and I”ve seen other people do it, but it kind of freaks me out – is it really durable?). Possible stencil the “backsplash” using my quatrefoil handmade stencil.
2. Replace light fixtures in hallway (I have my eye on ones at Ikea).
3. Bedroom Makeover – paint room;build and upholster tufted headboard; better organize. New bedding would be nice too. This is probably one of my most ambitious goals for 2013!
4. Large mirror for hallway. I’ve seen ones I like at Homesense.
5. Paint living room Revere Pewter to match hallway and kitchen. Replace sconces; find matching oval mirrors for sides of fireplace.
6. Painted mirror and gallery wall of Livia’s artwork in her bedroom.
7. Upholster armchair that’s been sitting in my garage for several months, for our living room. I love the material I ordered from Joann’s – same as the curtains from the Downton Abbey house!
8. Move my blog over to WordPress.org and have my own domain name.
9. Find and upholster/paint chairs to go with my kitchen pedestal table.
10. Finish sewing the drop cloth ruffled valance for the kitchen window that I started last month. Find curtain rod to hang it.
11. Experiment more with milk paint.
12. Create some more artwork for my son’s room.
It’s a long list and I’m sure it will get longer as the year progresses… but I say BRING IT ON!